Thursday, December 24, 2009

Let Sisterly Love Continue... Right?

Too many events for words! I sang backup tonight for my uncle and a couple of other performers at The Foundry in Los Angeles, and man was the music and the other vocalists bomb! Eric Parker put on this amazing show, and of course he and his band were awesome! It was a long night, and I didn't eat dinner, so I was hungry. We were supposed to eat afterward, but because of our lack of funds, we couldn't go to our favorite spot. So as we go back and forth on what the plan is, I'm not only starving, but freezing my appendages off!

With nerve damage, my feet are super sensitive to the cold, and my hands are going numb. These two sensations aren't the best feelings in the world, so I'm getting a little peeved! I'm just trying to save face because we're in public, and the night was too musically perfect for me to mess it up with a bad attitude! So I try to joke about it, which inspired more jokes from the people I was trying to give my not-so-subtle hint to.

The jokes I didn't mind so much... it was the fact that my joke wasn't taken as a hint, and if it was, then it was shrugged off as unimportant. You know that by this time I was fighting off anger! Gee Whiz!! Why is it always the people who should know better that don't take any responsibility for anyone else? The same people who want me to stay healthy don't take a proactive approach when I have to depend on them. This is why I try my best to never ask them for anything; they aren't dependable.

I know people assume I'm just an angry person for no reason, but I stay negative because the people around me are static characters in my life's story. They're supposed to be dynamic, but they aren't!

So what are your thoughts on this subject? By the way, I tried my best to not make a big deal about the whole situation, but now I'm paying the price for being in the cold for so long...I'm in a lot of pain and it could have been prevented. what am I supposed to do in a situation where I'm at the mercy of the driver? I spoke up, and yet I received no response that benefited my needs, AND WE STILL DIDN'T EAT!! (I declined eating after the incident because I was in pain, and knew that I was getting more moody!) Mind you that we're talking about an event that happened in 40 degree weather at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment