Monday, January 4, 2010

Holiday Recap...

Happy New Year Everyone!

I know I haven't been keeping up with this blog the way that I should, it's just been so hectic the last few weeks...

I want to give you a recap of my holiday season...

The Christmas week was incredibly interesting! I got to help my church choir with two new songs! The slow tempo song I directed (it was my directorial debut!! lol), and the fast tempo song I accompanied my mom-figure on the keyboard! It was fun, and I realized how much of that part of my life I miss. The Christmas play was amazing, and very insightful. I also finally produced my Christmas album that's been on hold for the last 4 years!! People loved it, and I was able to donate the proceeds to the church's expense drive!

Working on the cd was a difficult process, but it was lots of fun as well.
Christmas Day was spent at my Aunt's house in Lancaster! It was a nice gathering, but I had the most fun when my Little Aunt, my cousin, her daughter and I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks! We're all 23, and mellow. We can have a good time doing things that couldn't end us up in situations we have to pray to God to get ourselves out of. I guess you can say I'm boring. I'm not interested in doing anything that could jeopardize my health... I've done that enough by myself!

Then a week later, New Year's Eve came!
Our church has a Watch Meet Service every year, and last year was the first year I spent away from church. I spent it in the hospital's psych ward instead! *A Long Story which deserves a blog of its own!!*

Even though I wasn't thrilled about attending the service, I'm really glad I did!! It was great, and just what I needed to kick off the new year! God came through and showed out for us!!

The next day, my grandmother made her Seafood Gumbo (which was bomb!), we played Wii games, and had a generally good time!

After that, things begin to get a little... strange in the house. So strange, in fact that it was decided that it would be best if I moved back in with my mother in Lancaster!!! I wish I could go into details with you, but it's too personal to share in a blog.

So here I am, in Lancaster, with my room, my music, my movies, my books, and most importantly, my bed!!! lol

This living arrangement will be a struggle, but it will teach me humility, and depending on God for the answers I seek. I'm ready for this change!!

No comments:

Post a Comment