Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Think fast, kid...

I don't want to use my blog to bash anyone, but it seems like my only inspiration to write is the people who brings the worst out of me...

To have someone in your life that can be caring, loving, and sympathetic is a good thing. They can wind up being your confidant, but on the flip side they can also be the one who gets under your skin in the worst of ways.

Fast-talking, pseudo-analytical, and contradictory.

Yep.

But this year is a year for change, not for them, but for me. Change doesn't happen overnight. The very ones that can criticize you for your "lack" of change when you get in conflict with them, are the very stumbling-blocks that can stop the change from happening.


What to do when you're in an argument with a fast-talker:

1. listen
2. speak softly
3. apologize
4. repeat.

I messed up when I got to 4. I didn't repeat and that caused me to lose my cool. I started shouting, using phrases like "always and never", I started criticizing, and began hinting of things that I knew of them that could bring them down. Those are my "soft defense" mechanisms, and were used because they were used against me.

The problem about that is that I can't stand people like that. I hate when you try to bring up the past and use it against me. When you use your own logic to try to prove a point; although it isn't logical to anyone else but you.

I do all of those things, and that is the part of myself I want to get rid of.

I refuse to let someone make me angry which-in turn-makes me physically ill (psoriasis flare-up, high glucose reading).

It isn't worth it. After the situation was over, I laughed, and then blogged.

Now that it's out of my mind and onto the screen, I can move forward, and not hold a grudge or be bitter. This situation only makes my goals in life more clear, and more urgent.

As my Princess told me today; it's time to start taking care of yourself!

Case Closed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment