Thursday, December 10, 2009

Definition of a Dot x3...

In the English dictionary the 3 dots are known as an ellipsis. It is used to take place of an omitted word or phrase.  Even though that is the main way to use these dots, it's not the only way. Nowadays it's used to indicate sarcasm, or when there's no words that would properly describe a thought or emotion.  That is the purpose that it's being used for here.

Often times I find myself not being able to find the right things to say at the proper moments, which could cause a conversation to turn for the worst if they don't understand your meaning or motive behind what you say.  So instead of saying anything at all, I find it easier to replace my train of thought with a set of ellipsis, or dot-dot-dot, to spare feelings or save myself from causing irreparable damage in my relationship with others.

Please understand that this is not always easy for me, especially since I've grown accustomed to saying what's on my mind, no matter what the consequence is. However me speaking my mind at all times is due to my lack of self-restraint, and I want to work on that.

So, please join me and my comrades on this journey of self-discovery, as we write as often as we can on the trials of our daily lives, and other topics that come to mind!

~Nina aka "Syx" (pronounced "6")

No comments:

Post a Comment